KAMBUSTERS DRAG RACING ASSOCIATION
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Kambusters Rules & Regulations
- UNSPORTSMANSHIP CONDUCT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Any verbal abuse to officials or staff will result in immediate removal from track.
- All race car occupants must wear an NHRA Approved helmet. Just for your information, the SFI 31.1A SFI 31.2A SFI 41.1A and SFI 41.2A Rated Helmets expire 1/1/2014. Snell 2005 expire 1/1/2017, Snell 2010 expire 1/1/2022. Refer to the 2017 NHRA rules book or NHRA.com for more helmet expiration dates.
- Drivers must have proof of valid drivers license.
- A Valid NHRA Competition License must be presented to run 6.39et (1/8 mile) 9.99et (1/4)or quicker
- A Valid NHRA or IHRA Competition Chassis Sticker is mandatory on all roll bars/roll cages for all races vehicles running 6.39et (1/8 mile 9.99et (1/4 mile) or quicker.
- SFI Spec 16.1 3" drivers restraint system (5 point seat belt) have an expiration period of 2 years
- Drivers must wear appropriate SFI clothing for appropriate et/speeds starting at 7.35et (1/8 mile) 11.49et (1/4 mile) and quicker.
- Drivers must wear at least long sleeved shirts, long pants and closed shoes and socks. No open-toed shoes allowed when running 7.36et (1/8 mile) 11.50et (1/4 mile) and slower. Helmets are also mandatory.
- Drivers must be wearing appropriate wristband to race.
- Anyone entering the restricted areas, e.g. staging lanes and track area, must have pit crew armband.
- If someone other than original driver is going to make a pass in your car they must go to the tech inspector, show proof a valid license, and get a driver armband.
- Pit area speed limit is 15mph.
- Return road speed limit is 35mph.
- ABSOLUTELY NO BURNOUTS in any pit or return road area.
- Dial-ins must be printed clearly on the driver's side door window and on right side of the windshield.
- Dial-ins may be changed between rounds.
- Dial-ins may not be changed on a re-run.
- Passengers allowed in racecars that run 8.50 and slower only during a Test & Tune. Passengers must wear the same helmet as required of the driver. Passengers under 18 must have signed parental release form. No passengers allowed during elimination rounds.
- Roll Bars/Cages: NHRA CERTIFIED Roll bar required in any vehicle running between 6.5 and 7.5 seconds in the 1/8 mile (convertibles between 7.50 and 8.99); roll cage required in any vehicle faster than 6.49 E.T. (convertibles faster than 7.49).
- Batteries/Ballast: Batteries must be secured per OEM, or with minimum of 2, 3/8 inch diameter bolts. (No bungee straps, cords, etc.)
- Radiator: Radiator overflow catch tank mandatory on all race vehicles.
- Auto Trans Locking-Type Dipstick mandatory on all race vehicles running 6.99et (1/8 mile) or 10.99et (1/4) or quicker et
- Auto Trans Reverse Lockout mandatory on all race vehicles.
- At least one working tail light mandatory on all race vehicles.
- All hubcaps must be removed on race vehicles.
- Driveshaft Loop: A Driveshaft loop is mandatory on all race vehicles running 8.59et (1/8 mile) or quicker with drag slicks or a Dot cheater type street slick, except vehicles running 7.35et (1/8 mile) or slower equipped with Dot street tires.
- Nitrous Oxide: When running Nitrous Oxide all drivers must wear a jacket/clothing meeting SFI Spec as per NHRA rules.
- Nitrous Oxide: Bottles must be stamped as meeting DOT 1800 pound standards, and must be securely bolted to frame or floor (no bungee straps, hose clamps, etc.) All fittings, hoses, etc. must be compatible, from the same manufacturer, vented to outside of driver compartment. The letter "N" MUST be displayed on your window front and rear when running nitrous
- SFI Specifications and Expiration Dates are available at NHRA
Jacks and Jackstands. No work may be done under any car in the pit area while the car is supported by only one jack. Additional safety devices such as jackstands are mandatory to provide additional protection in the event of jack failure